Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I Found My Santionary

It is called Fresh Market...



It is not that I was feeling down yesterday, it was just that I was a little bored and annoyed with Greenville after a weekend of trying to learn my way around this town of strip malls and generic restaurants and little unique character. I decided that I needed to get out of the house and went to wander the only part of town that I had not really yet in hopes to find some things to mentally put on my to buy for my non-existent apartment list. After wandering Lowes, Home Depot and Khols...I came upon a grocery store that looked nice and new. I love grocery shopping and while I did not really need anything I knew that wandering the aisles would help me waste a little more time.

As soon as I entered the door I knew that I had found my home and my sanctuary in Greenville! It was the most beautiful grocery store, with reusable baskets hanging from the walls, colorful and fresh produce, a plentiful deli, barrels and barrels of bulk goods including candy, a machine that makes fresh peanut butter, organic cleaning supplies, a huge wine selection, lovely cheese, and beautiful fresh flowers. I picked up special items to take home with me while listening to beautiful instrumental music. But it was what I found in the frozen food aisle that literally about made me cry with joy for something that I did not think was possible here...a wonderful tasting piece of home...Beecher's World's Best Mac and Cheese!!!

I am officially going to be ok here...I can transport myself home when necessary thanks to reading books in comfy chairs at Starbucks and perusing Fresh Market like it is Whole Foods, Met Market, or Harbor Greens...

1 comment:

  1. I had to look up "santionary" in the dictionary when I first saw the title of this post. Glad you found your new grocery store!!

    ReplyDelete