Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy First Day of Fall



Today is the first day of fall, what I believe has become my very favorite season. It is a blend between crisp days and beautiful sunny afternoons, the leaves turn lovely colors, pumpkin patches, apple cider, hot tea, soup, sweaters, and fairs are all signs of the season.

Here in NC it feels so far away from fall...forecast for today: 92 degrees.
I mean I guess this is nice that it is still so beautiful here and that I have the option to spend the weekend laying by the pool, but being home this weekend really gave me a craving for fall weather. I hope that it eventually turns to fall here, but for now I will try to celebrate the still lingering sun and heat.

Celebrating this first day of fall with a pumpkin spice latte, tennis lessons, and getting the keys to my new place!

Happy first day of fall, if you are in a place where you can, say hello to it for me.

3 comments:

  1. I'm saying hello to fall for you. It's in full force here and I'm trying to embrace it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen I feel ya! So NOT fall here either. Erika-I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaves don't change in the Bay Area and it too makes me nostalgic for the Pacific Northwest!

    ReplyDelete