Saturday, June 27, 2009

Home Sweet Maple Hill

There are officially two more days of orientation until August...and let me tell you, I am thrilled! I am really going to miss the madness, and having the mentors around as life and the res hall will be so quiet without them, but I will be happy to get back to a normal sleep schedule, and no more 5:30 mornings for sure.

With a little more time in my world, I have finally after a month taken pictures of my home. Let me show you around the place that I now call home for the summer...Maple Hill South.
Here is the orientation sign for Maple Hill...I made this sign appear...

Maple Hill South from the outside. Pretty right? It is a very new building that houses the rich kids on campus, or so the mentors tell me.

Here are some of the other houses in the neighborhood, just across the street




Front door of the building and really the only place with a sign that says what building it is

This is the little restaurant/coffee bar right outside the front door that I wish were open during the summer

Hallway leading to my room

Study room just a few doors down from mine

Welcome to my home...this is the entry room that you walk into when you open the door. No furniture though...it is still empty

Bathroom...it is huge as I am in an assessable room

Here is my room

My happy little bed that took about 4 weeks to get put together after I attempted to un-loft it myself...not smart. Also notice my bedding from elementary school...

One of my two desks, decorated a little and also the place that holds my snacks. I got made fun of these snacks for being too healthy, but I enjoy my dried cranberries, soy nuts, granola bars, and oatmeal squares... Also that is my airport welcome sign

Here is the desk that I actually use, closer to the window, and covered with little pieces of home.

This is the Quad where we eat...this building houses the athletes who all live on campus here and some lucky upper class men

The part of the building with all the big windows is "the Quad" the actual place where we eat


Thanks for taking the tour of my home...I hope that you enjoyed. Please come visit anytime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment