Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Oh Baptists...
So one of my main roles during orientation every day is working the information fair, which is just a fancy name for a bunch of clubs/organizations and offices to set up and share information with parents while they wait on their students and worry that we have already separated them in the first five minutes. One of the groups that sets up at the info fair is the Council for Religious Organizations, mainly made up of representatives from the million Baptist churches here in Fayetteville. I walk around at the beginning and end of each info fair to make sure that everyone is doing alright, and somehow I have connected myself with the Baptists and they look out for me to come around each day. I mean I appreciate that they all know my name, go out of their way to chat with me and hear all about my life, and ask me how my day is going...it is just funny, and it makes me smile to myself every day how intent they are, and how much attention I am getting from them. Here's to the Baptists...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment