*The Baptists are still taking over my life by the day. I am searched out every morning, and while it is nice to have someone to talk to at the checkout table, they are beginning to drive me nuts. Yesterday one of the younger guys come over and asked me about college ministry at Washington and tried to plug me in to their ministry and services over the summer. While this is a nice offer and exactly what they are to do, being from the northwest seeking out services and connecting to things is something that I like to find on my own. Maybe I should ask them for a ride home from Tulsa...that is something that I really do want and need.
It is amazing to watch them though. They know orientation almost better than out mentors do, approaching students and parents who are just sitting in the lounge with campus newspapers, and little brochures that they have made. They answer questions, go over the days schedule, and introduce new students and families to each other.
*I got the scoop on the new Greek Life Assistant Director. During a conversation in his office the other morning, he revealed that he has a girlfriend who is coming down on July 3rd. I do not know if this means that she is coming to visit, or if she is moving here... I still do not know what the deal is with the two young girls who's pictures are all over the office, I will keep investigating.
*All week I have been trying to get to Denver for a wedding over forth of July weekend. Plane tickets are way cheaper out of Tulsa, so I have been trying to find a way to get myself there and back so that I can get out of town. The plan was all working when I found a ride to Tulsa with one of my students who is going home for the weekend, but after thinking about it for a while I realized that I could not come back into town until Monday since the wedding is on Sunday, and that did not allow the student to be able to bring me back since she had class on Monday. Then I through that I had convinced one of my student coordinators to come pick me up, but then when I got serious about it, he too backed out saying that he was nervous that he would be too tired after his weekend to come get me. So then I looked up trains (none), buses( greyhound it expensive, scary and slow) and rental cars (which amazingly are sold out, or $500). My last possible chance is borrowing someones car who will be out of town for the weekend. One student offered me hers, but I declined not knowing if she was serious and not really wanting to be driving someone else's car in a completely foreign place. Maybe I will ask tomorrow...if I am brave...or maybe not. Any suggestions...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment