Saturday, June 20, 2009

We survived the week...and the storm

Week 2 of orientation is over and gone...I can not believe that it is going by so quickly!
I am doing my duty as a good Chi Omega by spreading the love of Cardinal and Straw...and Spencer clearly loves the two colors together. (We actually use these balloons to direct people to where they are going) Is it a coincidence that red and yellow are together...I think not...

This is what we look like on Friday afternoon, and it is not a pretty sight. SO tired from the week...SO tired of stuffing name tags. (Me...Justin, Spencer and Seth)

On Friday we were all so excited to be done, but then a big storm hit Fayetteville...

And tornado's were spotted...that it what those crazy spinning circles are on the weather...

So the mentors passed the time by doing magic tricks...


And sleeping on the floor...

Justin is clearly unhappy about the storm and the fact that we can not leave to go to lunch

But some mentors had a better attitude about the whole situation, or the photo op.

Southern storms over all are crazy. I have seen new colors on the weather report that I did not know existed like dark red, purple, black and white. I get laughed at by my students for freaking out every time that there is lightning and thunder. As much as I enjoy the anger in the sky, it still startles me, especially when it wakes me up in the middle of the night. I can't wait to have the time to sit by the window drinking a cup of tea, and watching the storm roll through. But until then, I will watch any remaining storms with sleepy mentors trapped inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment