Here are some pictures of us getting ready to go. I wish that I could have taken my camera on the river...but am also glad that I did not becuase it would have gotten super wet.
We made it...Broken Arrow River Trips
People in Oklahoma are a little interesting. We definitely saw some characters on the river as well floating, swimming, and drinking at 10 am.
Hooray for orientation mentors!
Team Reindeer Lightning is ready to dominate the river
I thought the street name was funny where we stopped for lunch
Some other highlights include:
*finding a rope swing along the river and the whole orientation staff attempting to go off of it, it was like living a country song. After much convincing I gave it a try, but did not have the graceful swing I was hoping for.
*paddling 3/4 of the way and trying to show off my skills
*getting our raft stuck on a tree in the middle of the river
*when not paddling, laying in the sunshine on the side of the raft enjoying the sunshine, the sounds of the river, and the yelling and screaming of my students
*our bus breaking down in the Duggars town and having to wait for 45 minutes to be rescued
I love floating!
No comments:
Post a Comment