As we left Sunriver the snow began to fall...hard, and consistantly. It was pretty to look at but hard to deal with in the Carola. Let's just say some thank-yous are in order after the drive home from Sunriver last weekend.
Thank you to Santa for reading my letter and delivering chains for Christmas
Thank you to Erin & Autumn for being amazingly patient, fun & supportive of the long drive
Thank you to Maddie, Erika, Lizzie, and Stephanie for being wonderfully patient as they waited for us over the pass
Thank you to my chains for working amazingly well at 25 miles per hour
Thank you to the Carola for putting up with the chains and the day in the snow
Thank you to the man who confirmed that it was in fact time to take off the chains
Thank you to my mother who taught me to down shift when I felt I was going to fast over the phone
Thank you for all the cars who found their way trapped behind me at times for being patient and going slow
Thank you to the state of Oregon for putting toilet paper in the random bathroom at the snow park
Thank you to Ali for writing me a sticky as a confidence booster that was sacrificed to the pass
Thank you to this experience overall for teaching me that I in fact can drive in the snow even if I take it slow, that it in fact can be enjoyable and fun and not panic stricken, and that I am a strong woman who can put on chains all by herself
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment