Sunday, January 31, 2010

Creative Writing...

On Friday I attended the Oregon Women in Higher Education Conference with some friends from my Women in Leadership class. It was a nice excuse to get out of town, spend some time in Portland, and connect with some other professionals from across Oregon.
During one of my sessions we were given some time to write about what we do in the frame of our favorite children's story or song. I chose the Lorax...and the only line that I could really remember from the story was "I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees". Here is what that turned into...

I am the lady that speaks to the Greeks...
-when they have too much fun and they ruin their streets
-when they need coordination to find time to meet
-when someone must sign all those national sheets
-when they actually deserve a basket of treats
-when they need support for members who fall in a heap
-or when their chapter has collapsed in a heap
-when they throw a party with too loud of beats
-when pipes left to ruin are starting to leak
-when potential new members embark on their week
I am the lady that speaks to the Greeks

No comments:

Post a Comment