Saturday, October 2, 2010

Blind Chi O Dinner Date

Last night I had dinner with a fellow Chi Omega from UNC-Greensboro. When I reached out the the Raleigh alumnae chapter the woman I emailed with gave me this woman's name as a recent alumna who is in nursing school in Greenville. After having a very hard time getting together thanks to our evening schedules and her busy school schedule we finally decided on last night. It was fun to chat with someone new and always easy to talk about Chi Omega. She is semi-local being from the Carolina coast so it was nice to learn about the area. She was very nice and I think that we will probably meet for dinner again but I am not sure how quick of friends we will be. Only time will tell, but I am grateful for Chi Omega that there is even that chance to connect with people literally anywhere.

While at dinner our server looked at me and said that I looked very familiar...my very first student run in. She is an Alpha Phi and had remembered me from coming over during recruitment. It was funny and made me realize that I really am in a smaller town, that never happened to me in Corvallis which was even smaller, but i did not know any of the general members there.

On a side note...I was very excited for dinner. We decided on a local Italian place, not another chain restaurant. It looked so nice and we sat outside and listened to live music, it was lovely. But the food...was really only sub-par and the presentation was nothing special. I will not rule it out yet, but I would not order the same thing again. I miss good restaurants!

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute. I wish you were here to have a not-so-blind-dinner date with me tonight!

    ReplyDelete