
Since evening coffee and recruitment go hand in hand (but really not much does not go hand in hand with coffee)I have stopped at the Starbucks next to campus both Saturday and Sunday evening to get a little pick me up before a long night of waiting on chapter lists. Well, both Starbucks trips have resulted in me coming away with a sweet deal:
1) Saturday - went through the drive through, ordered my normal soy vanilla latte, was super polite and enthusiastic about it. When I got to the window the girl helping me said that she had not charged me for my syrup because I just seemed to excited about my coffee. I told her that I just really needed it. It was awesome!
2) Sunday - walked into the store because I was needing a little piece of home. I again ordered a soy vanilla latte and the women told me that she was sorry, they were out of soy. I told her it was ok and ordered something else which she then gave to me for free because they did not have exactly what I wanted. Awesome again!
I love that about being in a town like this, everyone is just super polite about everything all of the time. The only thing that is not good about each of these Starbucks experiences is that they are SO SLOW...I mean it is like each cup of coffee takes them five minutes to make. People in Seattle would go crazy! waiting on them to make their drink.
On another coffee note, it is really strange to me how many people in this town actually choose to drink Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, or Krispy Kreeme coffee over normal coffee shop coffee... My students are always coming around with it and I chuckle inside knowing that I must be a total coffee snob :) I always knew that I had it in me, but now I know that it is real.
No comments:
Post a Comment