
This quarter school girl is very confused that it is still August but it is the first day of school here at East Carolina! When I woke up this morning and looked out my window there were already first year students leaving the hall to get to class or maybe grab some breakfast or coffee on the way to class. It is strange to not be in class. I wandered around the bookstore the other day and actually missed going in and picking up my books. There is just always something so exciting about it. I am not sure what I am going to do to fill up my time now that I don't have assigned reading, papers to write, and group projects to coordinate...
My first day of school...well it is pretty quiet. Not much on my calendar until tonight when we are going to do a walk through of the basketball arena for the recruitment orientation and bid day programs.
Last night was Pirate Palooza the big welcome back event that is held annually here at ECU. They open the football stadium and have lots of blow-up games, give out free food, t-shirts, have a dj, etc. It was pretty fun. I got to be the gatekeeper for a bungie trampoline thing... it was fun to chat with each student about their night, their summer, and their upcoming semester. They had to shut down the event about an hour and a half early though due to an approaching thunder and lightning storm that never actually showed up... oh well...it meant an earlier night for the rest of us.
Here's to a great school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment