Chi Omega was my first chapter house to visit. Parice knocked on the door and instructed them to let me in, announcing that "this is Karen, one of your sisters". This introduction made it awkward as we had not even established why I was there yet, let alone why I was just dropping by during a recruitment party. After receiving my lemonade and realizing that I was a little nervous thanks to my shaky hands gripping the cup I settled down during my very thorough house tour complete with learning about the philanthropy and the house history that I clearly should have already known. I was amazed though with the way the house was set up for recruitment. I continually complimented the recruitment chair who I met in the hall to try to get her to calm down as I was disturbing her party... Overall the women were friendly as Parice continued to tell everyone we met that I too was a Chi Omega, to which they first looked at me confused, wondering why I was there with Parice, but then would quickly warm up shooting me a big smile while exclaiming "really...we're sisters" and asking me where I was from. I even left with an invite to lunch at the house.
While it may not have been the best way to really meet the lovely ladies of Psi chapter, it was well worth the chance to get in the door :)
Choose Once...Choose Wisely
No comments:
Post a Comment