Friday night two of my Student Coordinators were celebrating the end of their summer school finals and invited me to take place in the madness. Besides the growing tradition of $3.00 margaritas at Jose's on Dixon which takes place every Wednesday, I have been trying to stay away from mixing SC's and nights out. Now with Paul and Dustin the other interns gone, my SC's feeling more and more like my family, and my Arkansas summer coming to quickly to a close I decided to partake in the fun.
Before Friday nights out on Dixon consisted of some of the more trendy bars and restaurants that are right along the main street, but what I saw Friday was Dixon through a college student's eyes, and I loved every minute of it. Courtney and Leslie knew where all the deals were and where the best late night people watching would take place...all along the side roads and not the main strip.
It was so busy Friday! We decided that it was thanks to people getting back in town and recruitment just around the corner... All the sorority women are flooding back into Fayetteville, wanting to catch up with one another, and taking advantage of the last few nights before the beloved "no boys, no booze" rule goes into effect. It still astonishes me how dressed up people get to go out, boys wearing Polos or nice dress shirts and khaki or dress shorts (above the knee of course) and some form of boat shoes or nice flip flops... and the women in dresses (some that I would consider wearing to a summer wedding) or a cute skirt and simple sleeveless shirt, or on the casual side a super short pair of nice shorts and a fun shirt. I mean I know that people sometimes dress up at home, but certainly not everyone. At least we get to see some variety. Overall though I love to watch it in action.
After what was a very calm night for me, the bar announced last call and the three of us were off. I was set on walking home, when I was instructed that I was not allowed to walk back to Maple Hill alone and instead I should just join Cortney and Leslie in sleeping at Kappa Delta. It was so wonderfully fun as I fell asleep in the sorority house to noise, gossip and chattering between the three of us on a pull out couch in Courtney's room. Perfect story...perfect college night out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment