Thursday, August 25, 2011

Oh Irene...

Last year I hoped that a hurricane would not rain on my parade and this year it has. Sorority Recruitment is postponed due to Hurricane Irene coming to visit this weekend. Sometime you have to push back your plans for an unexpected visitor and I guess this is one of those times.

Today was one of the most professionally challenging days ever. I have never been good at making decisions, especially big ones quickly that involve a lot of people so today I looked at all the options, gave myself a headache, probably stressed out people more than I should have, tried to keep perspective, tried to strike a compromise and still am not 100% sure of what we are doing, except that we will be moving recruitment. To when, I am not sure. So, do we postpone it for two weeks, or for three. How will we work to keep PNM's engaged for that long. Do we fold becuase it is a home football game weekend? Do we avoid all class days so that we will not have to deal with so many absences? Will people be happy or sad with the new dates? Is it right to move it back just so that it will be well planned and organized as opposed to me feeling like I have to throw it all together? I know that I just need to make a decision and own it, but I am exhausted, I can't think anymore. I just don't want people to loose confidence in me and I don't want to seem like I can not make a decision. So here's to tomorrow...decision day and then we will just go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment