Tuesday was my one year anniversary here at ECU. I can both totally believe and not believe that it has been a year all at the same time. As I was walking across campus this week I tried to remember how the walk used to feel so foreign and how it was all so very new while now running from one side of campus to the other feels so normal. It has been a tough year in many ways adjusting to a new job, a challenging community, and a new place but the last few weeks I have been enjoying Greenville for what it is and realizing that I am good at what I do and hopefully will do all I can to move this community forward while I am here and learn a few things about myself along the way
Here are some things that I have learned from my year in Greenville:
-that I crazy stand out :)
-how to tie a bow tie
-the difference between western and eastern Carolina BBQ, and how both are different from South Carolina BBQ
-the Lilly and Vera planner rage
-what Jack Rogers sandals are
-the joys of the Savannah Chopped Salad from McAlisters
-how to track storms on my phone and what to do in a tornado warning
-exactly what that outer banks are
-all about Southern Proper, Vineyard Vines, and Polo
-what beach music and shag dancing are
-that people do not stop for pedestrians at cross walks
-what tobacco plants look like
-that bugs in North Carolina are huge
-corn hole is the official sport of fraternity front lawns
-over sized t-shits are a girls best friend in 100 degrees and humidity
-the proper way to monogram everything and the many things that can be monogrammed
-every song that has a reference to Carolina
-that a koozie really is necessary and that carrying one in your purse to the bar is totally normal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whoa, I can't believe it's already been a year! I remember our going away picnic at Golden Gardens last year. Time flies!
ReplyDelete