Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Way to IFC's Heart...is through their stomach

Let me first apologize for being absent for the past two-ish months. I don't really know what happened, but I will be better in the months to come.

It is summer here officially here on campus. Graduation was almost two full weeks ago and after a quiet week on campus, this week has been the begining of summer session. It is still incredibly quiet, but at least some of our students are back and seem to be coming around the office. Most of my Panhellenic women, NPHC, and MGC students are away for the summer, but IFC seems to be around in full force. Last week they invited me to join them for lunch at Christy's Euro Pub a semi-trashy wanna be British pub in an old home in the middle of a student neighborhood close to campus. It was an interesting experience...the place, the food, and the conversations over $4 lunch specials, but I loved every minute of listening and interacting with them outside of the office.

In efforts to get started on planning fall "rush" the IFC president and recruitment chair asked me if I would meet with them this morning. I mentioned that we could do it over breakfast if they wanted to which they happily said yes, and choose McDonald's. There was not much work that got done...but I think that we might be getting somewhere if I continue to meet with them over food...

No comments:

Post a Comment