Last Thursday night I had an unexpected visitor to my apartment. It had been a great night when I went out with some friends to listen to lovely acustic guitar at a local coffee shop and then went for a drink downtown at this great little bar.
Around 2:00 am I was awoken to a strange banging noise. I assumed that it was one of my neighbors although I thought it was a little odd that they would be making so much noise that late considering they are usually really quiet. I tried to get myself back to sleep but a few minutes later it happened again. I got up to be sure that it was coming through the wall from someone elses apartment but as I made my way into my living room I found that it was infact coming from someone pulling on my porch door.
The person was mumbling to himself and it was my assumption that it was a very intoxicated individual who thought that he was in the right place. But unfortunately for my unexpected visitor he was not in the right place and was not making me very happy. Since I was not completely sure what was going on and did not feel like dealing with him myself I did what any girl would do...I called the cops. The nice 911 dispatcher stayed with me as until the police arrived and got my visitor off my porch. The police agreed that it was just a misunderstanding and that this very drunk gentelman was just in the wrong place...but it was a little scary regardless.
Thankfully I have a wonderful friend in Hawaii who was still awake seeing that it was 9:30 her time and was willing to talk to me though the night until I was able to fall asleep. Thanks again Kate :)
Probably the best part of the story and the thing that makes me feel better when I get freaked out is that when I left my apartment the next morning there was McDonalds all over my porch. It is my assumption that someone trying to break in intentionally to hurt you would not be eating McDonalds just before but instead is a very drunk and confused person. His poor fries must have gone flying when confronted by the PD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my gosh, Karen, that is crazy! Glad you are okay - can't wait to see you soon!
ReplyDelete