
Last week I was in Phoenix for the Association of Fraternity Advisors Conference. It was a wonderful week full of bow ties, connecting with old friends, new ideas, business cards, eating wonderful southwest food, and way to late nights spent out at whatever random local venue we could find to escape from the hotel and grab a drink. Here are some of the highlights:
* Spending lots of time with Anna and the other Chi Omega's in the delegation. I so enjoy every chance that I get to see these wonderful ladies.
* Actually being a campus based professional during fireside chats and getting to talk to national organizations about there chapters and how they are doing here.
* Catching up with Rachel and being so glad that we both made the transition from traveling to being on campus. Still so very impressed and proud of her
* Getting to see my roommate from grad staff at AFLV last spring. I am so excited to see where she gets a job after graduation.
* A night spent at the Rose and Crown with Sig Ep, Beta, and their female equivalent (aka Chi Omega) laughing at everything, but mainly at my expense and the expense of my campus/town which I learned has the reputation of being loose thanks to this conversation
* Getting to spend time with Ashley and Dom...my fellow UW-ers. So proud of Ashley and all that she is doing at Washington and good to be in the same space with our jobs to be able to talk it out and continually grateful for Dominic and his encouragement of me in this profession
* Catching up with all of the people that I have been able to meet and get to know in my involvement with fraternity and sorority life, it is always so nice to see them
* Great sessions that make me excited again for the year to come and the new students that I get a chance to work with and the projects that they will take on
* Sam's Cafe - the best Southwest restaurant in walking distance
* The chance to see some hipsters again :)
* Having the chance to make a large donation on behalf of Laura Sweet, who works in the Dean of Students Office here at ECU and is the past Tri Sigma national president. Our Panhellenic voted to recognize her and it was a thrill to present the gift on her behalf to the foundation as this is a woman that I have come to greatly appreciate and respect over the past few months.
Thanks Phoenix and the people who do this work for a wonderful time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment