Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rocky Mountain Romance

My dear friend Kristen got married in Golden, CO the weekend of the 4th of July, and after much coordination I was able to make it! Kristen and I share a close bond after spending three of the most random, hardest weeks of my life in Kearney Nebraska and out of my consultant ladies has seen the best and the worst of me,and probably the most tears too :) I am so glad that I was able to be there for her special day, get to actually meet Reid in person and spend time with the lovely Chi Omega consultant bunch.

Here's a snapshot of the weekend...

The weekend adventure started in Tulsa Oklahoma with my friend Grace who was nice enough to let me stay at her place and take me to the airport the next morning after a bachelorette breakfast which I attended. This was her wonderful bed that changed my life after a summer sleeping on a plastic dorm mattress.

I love weddings that are centered on a holiday weekend! It was a progression of fun events from the moment we got there. Here was our goody box in the hotel room with itinerary.

This is the wonderful sign in downtown Golden that welcomes us to our first night out

Kristen and I danced on stage with the terrible band at Buffalo Rose

The Happy Couple...

The beautiful river that ran through town...also the water that makes Coors beer all that it is

Super cute downtown Golden

NC Sisters on the 4th on the Riverfront

Made a trip to Boulder to see Zeta chapter, and the University of Colorado

Spent the night before the wedding singing karaoke (night of the 4th)

Morning of the wedding we made a trip to the Coors brewery, right in downtown about three blocks from our hotel

Tap the Rockies

It was a beautiful wedding in a historic mansion on the top of a mountain! After the ceremony with the bride and groom


Here's to Kristen and Reid!

Side note: When I was coming back to Fayetteville I knew that I was at the right gate in the airport thanks to a guy in a bright turquoise Polo shirt with nice brown boat shoes, and the little girl with the huge pink bow in her hair with a put together set of parents... When I looked down at what I was wearing, I realized that I screamed northwest traveler :)

No comments:

Post a Comment