Hello All...I just wanted to write a quick word to let you know that I had not forgotten about you. I have much to share but just have not found the time to do so in the past few weeks. Here is a synopsis of some little things going on in my world currently.
*This weekend I had Mollie and her boyfriend Peter as my house guests for one day. It was so wonderful to have them around. Saturday evening we went to the OSU UW basketball game which was a great win by the Dawgs. Peter has this amazing ability to make magic happen as we just walked in and sat down in these awesome seats that were open but not ours, made friends with the guy next to him and we sufficiently played it off the whole game. Thanks to the three individuals who never showed up to claim their seats. Other highlights include Happy Hour before the game, funny Corvallis-esk signs at breakfast, and catch up time at Java while Peter napped on the couches in the MU lounge
*Legal Memo got done, although I am not sure how well. I hope that it will come back with a decent grade marked on the back page. Have to pass legal issues...and want to do well too.
*Thesis chapter 4 draft is now complete, just need to read over it tomorrow and then send it to my adviser. So great to have that piece done as it was the most daunting. I think that as is that chapter currently stands at 37 pages...yikes!
*Got chosen to be an intern at the Association of Leadership and Fraternal Values conference in LA during April. Excited to see the old WRGA in it's new form and looking forward to be on the backstage side of things.
*After stressing that it would not work out for awhile, getting thrown into an internship for the spring in the athletic department working with Student Athlete leadership and other tasks as assigned. I already love the craziness that takes place in Gill (home of the athletic offices)
*Attended Kappa Delta's crazy philanthropy, Mock Rock - a lypsink dance sort of competition. Made me miss the days that I was cheering on my friends and my chapter at events like that and not sitting in the back all nervous that someone was going to get hurt when they did flips or threw flour all over the stage for effect. Proud to announce that they made $19,000 dollars though...way to go KD.
Well, I think that is all for now. I believe that I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Only 4 more big projects to try to tackle in the next two weeks. Love to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment