Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Adventures with Mini-Kids & Christmas Lights



Last week I met Cori, my past Panhellenic adviser at Washington, and her daughter Gabbi at Zoolights at the Tacoma Zoo and Aquarium. It had been years since I went to Zoolights and while it was a magical as I remembered there is a reason why people in their mid-20's who are single do not go to such an event anymore. It was filled with precious mini-kids running all over or in strollers all bundled up and screaming about the lights/high school aged couples dressed in Hollister sweaters holding hands and drinking hot chocolate. While both of these age groups and situations make me smile it was a little too much to handle... the excitement of the lights got swept away by trying to make sure that I did not run into any children scampering around my feet or stare too long at some precious high school couple excited to be out of the house and enjoying the most quintessential holiday date ever. It stressed me out that I was seven-ish years out of high school as well as overwhelmingly glad that I am 25 and do not have a child. Trust me, I think that they are cute, but I was so glad that my night had not consisted of packing a backpack full of snacks, putting 12 layers on my small child, and packing my car full of enough stuff to last a weekend all to go out walk around for an hour and truck it all home again. Here's to being in the middle of these two realities...

Here is the incredible main lights display...how could you not get excited about this


Standing on the Gig Harbor side of the bridge, isn't Mt. Rainier beautiful in the distance


This owl may have been my favorite animal find

No comments:

Post a Comment