I had a great Friday night listening to a great local cover band at Tavern on 4th in Greenville. It was a total last minute decision, but I am so glad that we were brave and decided to go.
Living in the Southeast I have come to learn that states seem to have songs that they connect to and people go absolutely crazy when they are played. When in Memphis is was "Walking in Memphis" or "Rocky Top". Obviously there is "Sweet Home Alabama". Most people know West Virginia is obsessed with "Country Road"
Well North Carolina actually seems to have a lot of these songs, but this is the one of the moment:
They play it at tailgates...they play it at parties...they play it at the bar. We even played it at sorority recruitment between parties and my recruitment staff instructed the women that they had to learn to love this song.
I hope that you enjoy :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun! I like the song :) I wonder if Seattle has a song?
ReplyDelete